Installing Waveorb requires NodeJS. Here we will create an app called
hello, you can call it whatever you want. The
waveorb create command will pull the latest template from here.
# Install nodemon npm i -g nodemon # Install waveorb npm i -g waveorb # Create an app, here called 'hello' waveorb create hello # Go to your new app cd hello # Start the development server npm run dev
Nodemon is used to automatically restart the server when you save a file.
Open http://localhost:5000 in a new tab to view your app.
Now open your app folder in your favorite editor and have a look. Some of the folders can be deleted depending on your needs.
- app/config - config, settings and options
- app/layouts - page and mail layouts
- app/pages - HTML and markdown pages
There are also other special folders you can add:
- app/actions - server API actions
- app/filters - filters for server actions
- app/locales - language translations
- app/mail - mail views
- app/middleware - server middleware
- app/plugins - app libs and functions
The default installation comes with scripts and scss installed by default. Open the
package.json file and fill in your app's fields.